Coaches will assist you in focusing and moving toward your goals by following these steps:
- Your coach will help you clearly define the results you are committed to achieving.
- Your coach will help you set powerful goals – goals that will not only accelerate your career, but your life as well.
- Together you will assess where you are right now and where you want to go.
- You and your coach will lay out a step by step strategy to empower you to reach and even surpass the goals you have set. This strategy will be initiated by you and customized to fits your strengths, skills and personality.
The framework for this journey will be either 60 or 40 minute phone session every 2 weeks to chart progress, reassess progress and make necessary adjustments to ensure your success.
Your coach will always:
- Encourage and support you
- Be honest and have integrity
- Give you positive feedback and share relevant best practices
- Hold no preconceived ideas, personal assumptions, or judgments about you, the client
- Keep you focused on moving forward
- Deal with the most difficult issues that are raised and not “side step” anything in the conversation
- Coach and not offer therapy or counseling but will refer you to a qualified person if such help is needed
- Hold you accountable to your commitments to the level you wish to be held accountable
- Come to each coaching session prepared and ready to engage
- Keep in strict confidence everything that is shared in the coaching relationship
A few key points about CONFIDENTIALITY
- What is said in a coaching session stays in that session, except where specific permission has been granted
- Notes are kept private
- The fact of a coaching relationship exists is confidential
- Coaching confidentiality is limited to terms of law
- Records (name and hours only) are shared with ICF for accreditation purposes only
Coach’s expectations of the person being coached
As a person striving to be your best you are expected to:
- Be honest, authentic, and open
- Bring a 100% commitment to the coaching relationship and process
- Come to each session ready to focus and move forward
- Honor time commitments (keep session appointments, call on time, and end calls on time)
- Follow through and complete actions that you set for yourself
- Be coachable in that you are willing to take action and experience transition
- Give feedback on the coaching process
- Honor the coaching relationship, the coach, and yourself