An Eikon coach is a well trained individual who brings a distinctive “discovery system” to the life of the person-being-coached.
What exactly is a “discovery system”? Consultants and counselors most often bring a “delivery system” of answers and expertise to the client to deal with past and present issues; coaches are more concentrated on the future and progress toward a goal.
Coaches are like change-agents entering the client’s life-equation without a predetermined set of outcomes and answers. Coaches work from the premise that the client knows more about his or her life and situation than anyone else. Therefore they work with the person-being-coached to help discover ways of progress that they already knew but for some reason were unable to implement. Somehow, a person gets stuck.
Some of these situations are:
- Life is a journey and people who are moving between jobs, visions, dreams and stages of life sometimes need help… a coach can be that person.
- Following divorce, moving on often seems difficult with many obstacles in the pathway. Coaching is not about accessing past mistakes, assigning blame or reliving difficult moments. Coaching is about helping with forward advancement and new beginnings.
- Accidents, disasters, mishaps and mistakes disrupt ones journey. A coach can help restore dreams and motivation for forward progress.
- Grief and loss are real, and moving ahead in life often needs someone to help process the feeling and help interpret the cycles of grieving… a coach can be that person.
- Leadership Transition
- As the world around changes and job responsibilities shift, a coach can assist a leader or leadership team in making the transitions in thinking, strategizing and tactical planning.
- Leadership Vision
- A Vision for life, for families, for organizations grows and morphs. Vision has chapters that adjust about every 7-9 years. Coaching can help leaders, visionaries and entrepreneurs re-vision and develop strategies for progress.
- Organizational Re-launching
- Organizations sometimes just need to refocus and simply re-launch in a new direction. As a strategic outsider, a coach can help with perspectives and solutions.
Let us know if we can help you discover how to move forward. A little help never hurts.